Saturday, September 8, 2018

And Again with the Vineyard, 2018: Day 3


Lambert’s Cove is pretty great, especially as the clouds clear up and you can just hang out all day swimming and sunning and reading and snoozing and then doing that all over again, with maybe a walk.  Of course, you have to be careful in all that sun.  “’SCUSE ME while I screen my thighs” quips Peter.  The kid is BACK. 

This morning my calendar alerted me that I had a meeting with my boss.  The calendar also told me that it would take two hours and 47minutes to get there.  Guess I’ll be late. 

Izzy is plowing through books like nobody’s business, I can’t even keep up with the titles.  When I ask what each one is about she starts by saying “Well, there’s this kid . . .” and then trails off.  Of course, we know from Peter that all stories are just variations on the Hero’s Journey anyway so I guess you can fill in the gaps. 

Who knew that the Up-Island Cronig’s carried prime beef?  They do, and with Mom’s marinade, it makes for a mighty fine dinner and subsequent sammies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment